DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
We envision a world where there is justice for all, regardless of income.
To achieve that vision, we are committed to fighting corporate abuse and civil inequities in Washington's legal system. Through direct representation and litigation, NWCLC helps thousands of families avoid financial devastation. We also advise consumer lawyers, write amicus briefs, host a prose bankruptcy clinic, offer webinars, and serve as consumer justice advocates.
Why join our team?
We are on the front lines of legislative advocacy, teaming up with legislators and political leaders at the local, state, and national levels. Our victories and hard work continue to help Washingtonians. We already had an exciting and impactful victory when Governor Inslee signed SB 5408 into law, raising the homestead exemption to the county median sale price and helping keep people in their homes during tough times.
We're a young and nimble organization that has an impact larger than our size – reaching a population that often falls through the Justice Gap. Our staff and board have the opportunity to help shape the direction of the organization, the issues we tackle, and the way we grow.
About the Position
The development and communications assistant will provide crucial support for our growing fundraising program and take a leading role in our external communications. This position reports to the Executive Director. This position is based in our Seattle, WA office, but the majority of work may be completed remotely. Some in-person work/overtime may be required for periodic meetings and special events held 1-2 times per year.
To achieve these results, the position includes the following responsibilities:
- Completing donor research.
- Maintaining our donor database system, Neon CRM.
- Managing our supporter email list, including drafting and sending communications.
- Assisting with mailings, including gift thank you letters, tribute cards, direct mail, holiday cards, and event invitations.
- Updating and creating new content for our website and social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications include:
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephone communication skills.
- Proficiency with PC computers and Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to spend extended periods looking at a computer screen.
- Attention to detail while being adaptive and comfortable in an environment of shifting priorities.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Initiative and a team-player spirit.
These qualifications are not essential but highly preferred:
- A passion for access to justice.
- Experience with and an understanding of nonprofits.
- Experience working with donor databases or other relevant experience.
- Experience working with MailChimp and/or WordPress.
- Experience managing social media accounts for an organization.
- An interest in growing with our organization as we evolve.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position of 20 hours per week with a flexible work schedule, paying $20.00 to $25.00 per hour depending on experience. Benefits include 10 days of PTO, paid federal holidays, and a $500 stipend toward a health insurance plan of the employee’s choice.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Amanda Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.